Versioning for Amazon S3
- Now CloudBuddy Personal support Versioning feature offered by Amazon S3.
- Right click on CloudBuddy icon in system tray and select “CloudBuddy personal” option to view the CloudBuddy explorer window.
- Right click on the bucket name, and select “Enable Versioning”, which results in change of bucket icon.
- Right click on the bucket name, and select “Disable Versioning”.
- To view the versions of an object, right click on any object in the versioning enabled bucket, and select “View Versions”. The various versions of the object will be displayed in the version pane of CloudBuddy Explorer.
- The versions of other objects in the bucket can be viewed by just clicking on the objects in explorer.
- To hide the version pane, right click on any object and select “Hide Versions”
- User can perform the following operations using “Tool Menu” (present in version pane) on the selected object
- * Before performing the above operations, please select a version of the object in version pane.
- The context menu in the version pane is used to perform the following functions:
Displaying Version History
Version Pane Functionality
|1||Refresh||Helps to refresh version pane|
|2||Restore||Helps to restore the requested version of the object in CloudBuddy Explorer i.e., the main pane|
|3||Download||Helps to download specific version of object|
|4||Delete||Helps to delete specific version of the object.|
|1||Show Delete marker||Display only the objects that are marked by ‘DeleteMarker’|
|2||Show Version||Display the objects that are not marked by ‘DeleteMarker’|
|3||Show All||Display all the objects|